Friday, August 15, 2008

This Should be Interesting

I first read about this in the TIME article about Rick Warren the other day. This email was sent to me by my friend Carolyn. I believe it was copied from the http://www.onenewsnow.com/ site. I will certainly watch to see how it turns out.

Also in the TIME (august) issue there was an article "In Their Words. The candidates on their personal journeys of faith. It was quite interesting as well. It did seem to me that McCain gave specific incidences where his Faith in Christ influenced his personal journey. He gave examples of REAL prayers and answers and how he connected with another Christian even in a prison camp. He ended by talking about a "living Faith" that is expressed as we "live out the message of the Gospels." However, Obama wrote that he "began his Christian journey over 20 years ago," and that he has been serious about deepening my relationship with Christ but also about the way that all Americans can live together in our diverse, pluralistic society." The rest of his portion was about his policies and and beliefs about issues. I didn't see anything accept in that first small paragraph about his true spiritual growth.


OK, let me first say that I am not so ignorant to believe that all Christians are Republican or that no Democrat is a follower of Christ. To be fair neither candidate flat out stated that they had accepted Christ as a personal savior. I am not judging whether or not Obama's Commitment is true or even better than McCain's. I am only stating an observation.

I DO believe that it is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE for all Americans, Especially Christians, to be informed and VOTE for the candidate that you feel God is calling to our nation! Don't take my word for it. Check out the articles and the interviews for yourself. PRAY about who you will vote for come November.



Rick Warren hosts presidential forum Sat. night
Jim Brown - OneNewsNow - 8/15/2008 6:00:00 AM

Tomorrow night (Saturday), White House hopefuls Barack Obama and John McCain will be fielding questions from evangelical mega-church pastor Rick Warren in a presidential forum at his California church.

The "Saddleback Civil Forum on Leadership and Compassion" will feature each candidate talking with Pastor Warren separately for one hour. Warren says he plans to pose questions on issues such as poverty, HIV/AIDS, global warming, and human rights. "Both John McCain and Barack Obama, I have known for a long time, before either of them began to run for president. They are very different," Warren explains. "They have different philosophies of leadership, different philosophies of where government should be and should be headed -- and I thought, 'You know what, these guys will probably trust me to ask the questions that let them say who they really are.'" Pastor Warren says he will also have Obama and McCain discuss their religious faith. "The leader who says, 'I'm going to take my worldview and just put it on the shelf when I make decisions,' is either an idiot or they're lying, because you can't do it," the well-known Christian author adds. "All of your decisions are based on what you value, what you believe in life. And so I think it's important to find out what these guys really believe." American Family News and
OneNewsNow.com will be providing in-depth coverage following the forum.

No comments: