Sunday, August 10, 2008

34 Foot Airborne Jump Tower




Yes, I jumped out of it! Saturday was our Battalion family day, and one of the activities was to jump from the tower that the soldiers use to train for jumps. I don't think Jerome or the kids thought I would do it. Actually, I did it twice!


Jerome told me that if I was gonna do it I had to just jump. I couldn't get up there and chicken out or make a big fuss. I guess as the First Sergeant/Jump Master's wife I had to be an example, Yea Right. I was very nervous the first time, but I had made my mind up to be brave and just do it before I left the house that morning. When it was over it was actually FUN! I thought if I could do it again with my eyes open it would be even better. It was - except that I didn't put my chin to my chest and I got a riser burn on my neck. Looks like a giant hickey, LOL!


Jerome has been telling me that I should do a jump with him from a real airplane since before we got married. This was fun, but it as close to a real "airborne" jump as I will ever get. No parachute needed.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Can't believe you did it- I would have been one big-o chicken.

Love you all!!!!!