Saturday, August 30, 2008

Alaska State Fair 2008

Jerome is off hunting Moose in Northern Alaska. We have not had a chance to go to the Fair and this is the last weekend so, I took the boys. I was gonna take Jadyn too, but the boys said I wouldn't get to ride anything with them if she went. They were probably right, so I had my friend Andrea watch her today. (Thank you SO MUCH! She had so much fun hanging out and getting spoiled by you and the boys.) It was a nice day with my little men. I enjoyed getting to spend time with them without having to watch out for sister. We had so much fun together! It was a BEAUTIFUL SUNNY DAY in Alaska. (Probably the best we've had all year.) We ate too much junk food: caramel apples, cotton candy, pizza, and corn fritters. We played games, rode rides, watched the bikers, and looked at booths. It was a nice day at the AK state fair. Man, I just remembered that we didn't go back and get their pictures made with the LARGE Alaskan sized pumpkin and cabbage. Shoot, I guess you will just have to take my word for it.
They were HUGE!
The boys used their money from Khun Ya to buy these rubber band guns, but they didn't have any money left to buy tshirts or posters for the BMX guys to sign.
So, they had them sign the guns.



The boys saw this turkey and Jared said, "Hey we got guns let's shoot it!"


Won't their Daddy be PROUD!!




Riding the Sizzler - also known as the Scrambler, or as I call it the Body Squisher!







Jared's Favorite thing was riding on the swings.
He rode them twice and he would have gone again, but we ran out of tickets.






Say Cheese!








They both loved petting the farm animals, but Justin was too fast for me to catch his picture.

Justin's Favorite part of the day was the King's BMX Bike Show.
We went to watch it two separate times.









1 comment:

SAHMoChubbies said...

Yeah, I think Shane's going to appreciate the turkey comment. Too funny! Glad to hear you survived the scrambler, last time I rode one of those it wasn't pretty!