Wednesday, August 6, 2008

14 YEARS BABY!



Today is our 14th Wedding anniversary. Jerome is the love of my life. The one person that I prayed God would send me since I was a young girl. He is my best friend. He is an awesome father and leader of our family. He is an awesome soldier, and I can not be more proud of his choice to serve the LORD and to serve our nation. Jerome encourages me to be a better wife and mother. I know I do not always do my best, but he gives me strength and encouragement. We have had our ups and downs, but it has been an awesome ride! I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the future. I love you Babe!


We didn't do anything great to celebrate today. We just grilled steaks and celebrated as a family. But as a christian family and couple it is always our desire that we can be an example of Christ to those that we meet. Sometimes we do a better job than others. But I find that if we can just be ourselves and not be ashamed of our beliefs that we can reach many. Isn't this God's ultimate plan for families?


The best part of today was getting a phone call from a young married friend that just left Ft. Richardson. She had to deal with lots of stuff while she was here on top of a 15 month deployment to Iraq. I tried to just be her friend and encourage her to get involved with other Christian women. I did not know if she had ever made the decision to follow Christ, but hoped that through a relationship with the Savior that she would be able to deal with losing her mother and her first deployment. We became close friends. I was so sad to see her leave Alaska, but am SO EXCITED about what God has planned for her future! This week she said the prayer and accepted Jesus in her heart! I can hear the excitement and new peace that she now has in her voice from so many miles away. I don't want to sound like I am responsible at all! But it is so good to know that God hears our prayers and does pull on the hearts of those people that we are praying for specifically. God Bless you and family, Cindy. You will know such joy as you begin to learn more about the savior. I will continue to pray for you and the work that God has planned for your life. I love you!


1 comment:

Walkin by Faith said...

Oh wow ginger, i just decided to check up on your page bc the last time i checked it you had just started it up. Im so excited to see you shared your anniversery page with me, your awesome. I miss you guys like crazy and now im reading your page crying. Its great to have such wonderful friends like you in my life, and im extremely happy and at peace. I could not have asked for a better thing to have happen other than for christ to come into my life, im always so excited i try to share with everyone what i am feeling and what they could too. I thank you so much for helping me see the way! I love you!(and i miss my husband working for your husband, we were such a close work-army family!)