Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Justin


A while back I posted about Jadyn, so now it is Justin's turn. Justin is my oldest son. He is 8 years old and will start the third grade tomorrow. I can't believe that 8 years has passed since I held his 6lb 3oz little body in almost the palm of my hand. He has grown so much!
Justin is a thinker. He comes up with all kinds of interesting stuff. I remember when he was nearly 3 and he and a friend killed our Beta fish, they literally ripped it in half. They thought that they had just made two fish since both parts were flopping around. I had to explain to him that the fish had died. We then we flushed the fish. I must have said that he was going to live with Jesus or something, because later that evening he had the question that that I will NEVER forget. "Mommy, does Jesus live in the potty?"

That is when I learned that he spent a lot more time analyzing what we say than I could have imagined. He went on to accept Jesus at 4 years old. He asked me when he could be baptized like one of the older boys that he knew from church. My answer was when he was a little bit older and understood more about what it means. His answer was, "Mom, I already know what it means!" He went on to explain the whole gospel of Jesus to me...I guess your ready. We prayed right there in the car!
He is a true Big Brother he is responsible and helps out with only a bit of complaining, LOL. He is an Awesome Reader! He loves music and recently has started "writing " his own songs. They are really cute. He is a skate board fanatic and has a few scars to show for it. Justin is also known around our house as as the "weird sleeper". He sometimes talks and WALKS in his sleep.

The other night around 1130 Jerome and I were watching the Olympics. The kids had long been in bed, and Justin came downstairs and walked right past us to the kitchen. We both asked what's wrong, what are you doing? He went to the freezer and got out a Kids Cuisine. Jerome asked what are you doing? He said "just looking", and went to the bathroom! Jerome took the food and told him to go back to bed. After physically heading him to the stairs Justin went back to bed. Although, the next morning he wanted to know why he was on the bottom bunk when he went to sleep on the top, LOL! He had no idea what he had done. He keeps us laughing that's for sure. Jerome told him next time he is gonna take of his clothes and tell him to go outside, just kidding of course.

Hope you enjoy these pictures of my little man!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to look at how different all of our children are. It's amazing that they were all created by you and your husband, yet they are all so unique and different in their own special ways. I was an "army brat" for the first 15 years of my life and I'm sure your children will be able to look back on this time in their lives and be so thankful that they got to see so many different parts of the country and make many friends along the way.
~audrey