Saturday, September 13, 2008

My New Bedroom!

I am so excited! Jerome and I have needed a new mattress for a while now. Our old one is lumpy and very uncomfortable. We both wanted a Tempurpedic mattress. Thanks to the Alaska PFD and the extra money we got from Sarah Palin - Thank you! We planned to go get our bed today. We knew we would spend around 2500 - 3000 for the kind we wanted, but Jerome suggested we go to the Mattress Ranch and check out the other brand that Ted Saddler says is similar. They were great and only cost 1200 - YEA!!!! We saved so much on the mattress that we went to look at a headboard to go with it. We have never had our own bedroom suite. Just pieced together pieces of furniture. And never a real bed. We went to Penny's Furniture store and then to Bailey's. We found a whole bedroom set at Bailey's for 1300!!!! Queen bed, dresser, mirror, nightstand, and chest of drawers! I am so happy! For less than we had prepared to spend on the mattress set, I now get a whole new Bedroom, YEA!

Bailey's is really cool, too. There is a giant chair when you walk in. They have a playroom for kids, free snacks, car strollers for toddlers, a waterfall with all kinds of stuffed Alaskan animals. It was a nice place. We even got to go out as a family for lunch. We went to Golden Coral. They have a SUPER buffet that has something for everyone.

Of course, we have to wait to have the stuff delivered to the house or (probably) Jerome has to get someone to help him get it. I have to move the old stuff out and I want to shampoo the carpet in there before we put it in. I will take pictures when it is all finished. But, I included the pictures from the store below. Hopefully I can make it look as nice in my own home. I'm not much of a decorator, but I want to make our room a nice place for us to relax and be together before Jerome has to go to Afghanistan.

4 comments:

Beth said...

OH....so much fun. You should go get a new bedspread and cute accessories. Let me know if you need any help shopping. I love that kind of stuff.

Ginger said...

I know, I'm so excited. Our other bed was a king size, so I have to go get queen size stuff, and I want to get some curtains that match.

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Believe me I know what mismatched furniture is- we were married 30 years before we got a bedroom suite that matched!!!!!! What fun- a new bedroom. When is Jerome leaving? Tell him to take care and we love him.