Thursday, September 11, 2008

Migraines and Sore Muscles

Tuesday was not as bad as I thought it would be. I guess because Monday we just did the tests. My shoulders were sore from doing push ups, but other than that I was fine. Tuesday evening - not so much.

When I was a teenager I used to have bad Migraines. I would have what the doctors called mini seizures with them. Not that I fell out shaking or anything. First, I would get the white floaties in my eyes - kind of like blind spots. Then, my hands and tongue will go numb. I would also get expressive disphasia - that is where you know what you want to say and you know that you know information, but your brain doesn't make the connection with your mouth. I would not be able to communicate at all! Then my head would start hurting. Usually I would have to have Demoral or some other drug to knock me out. Since I have been married it has only happened one other time - right after Jared was born. That day when a lady at my mom's work asked me what my new babies name was you can imagine my horror when all I got out of my mouth was. "I don't know"! One time in 14 years is not bad. Till Tuesday evening that is.

Sitting in a PTA meeting I started seeing the white stuff. I thought at first that I needed to put my glasses on, but after a few minutes I knew better. Jerome was not home, so I started trying to explain to Justin what might happen and told him to call his dad right away if momma started acting too weird. I called and ordered a pizza for dinner. That was a fun conversation. I had already started to get the "brain fog". I called Jerome and then called and tried to leave a message for mom. Jerome has never been around me when I had an episode, so I wanted her to know what was going on in case he freaked out, LOL. I only got her answering machine. More brain fog. I wish she could play it back for me. Now I would probably laugh. I told the kids not to go outside till dad got home and went to lay down. Luckily my headache was not too bad and the crazies didn't get too out of control. I slept all night and felt better in the morning.

I was still pretty tired Wednesday morning, but thankfully all the kids had school. I took them in and came home to rest a little more. I was feeling better, just a little cloudy so I decided to go to boot camp and just not push myself too hard. We divided into two groups and worked on strength and then agility. My balance is not very good to begin with so you can imagine how hilarious I looked trying to do some of the balance exercises, LOL. I could not stand up right. We had to do jumping jacks at one point and after about five I had to stop. Not because I felt bad, but because I have this problem that some women with more than one child experience. I think I was wetting myself every time I jumped! For agility we had to do "football training". You know we had to do different maneuvers through the ladder laid out on the ground. I was afraid that I was gonna fall because the ground was kind of wet and slippery. But it was fun.

Needless to say, When I got home I was exhausted and the rest of my day was shot! My legs were mush. But, today I feel OK. My hips and upper thighs are kind of sore, but not too bad. I actually have some energy today, so maybe I can get this house cleaned up! I'm looking forward to Friday!

No comments: