Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Two Weeks Down

Well Monday was the 2ND full week of the healthier me! I weighed today and I had lost another 3 pounds! So far that makes 6.8 for the two week total! I can't believe how easy this is...it must get harder, lol. WW really does let you eat what you want and still lose weight. Both weeks, I went out to dinner with friends and still did not go beyond my points allotment. I just have to make better choices and plan ahead for snacks and meals, which is something I should have been doing anyway! You actually save money at the grocery store when you go with a list instead of just buying what looks good, lol.
I have treated myself with occasional snacks, but also bought some healthy options from weight watchers. I know I am a sweets person, and I could use all my points on chocolate alone, lol. So I got some ice cream, and some chocolate snack bars that are only 1 or 2 points each.
I tried to get out and move around more last week, but I didn't get to it every day. I did walk to the car service center instead of having someone take me to pick up the car. This week I plan to start walking the dog at least once a day! She will like it.,and it is like a mile if I go the block around our house and Dyea.

Verse for the week

1 Corinthians 6:19 -20
19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

I know this chapter was mostly talking about sexual immorality, but this verse also refers to our body in general. Not that it is a sin to eat too much or not exercise....but can it be? If those things are put above your relationship with Christ and become addictions....maybe. Treat your body with respect and care. Taking care of yourself is one way to better be effective in your Christian ministry. It is hard to be a servant to others when you are not healthy yourself!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ginger, you again, you are such a wise woman~ Love you!