Monday, January 4, 2010

10 Week Weight Loss Challenge!!!

I obviously need to lose weight!! Not only so people will stop asking me if I am pregnant, but so I will look and feel better too! I need to be more active, and that is my challenge! I have said it before and tried....but only to give in and not lose anything! For example, I joined Weight Watchers online back in the spring. Other than tracking my points a few times, I really have not done anything else other than just pay the bill. (If Jerome is reading this now...please know that I had good intentions of going and using the online stuff, just way too much to do with kids and stuff. It is really hard during a deployment to add one other thing...) Something always came up that prevented me from going to meetings.

Well, tonight I went to my first meeting. It really doesn't seem that hard as long as I keep a track of what I eat. Wouldn't you know it! That is what the meeting tonight was about :) I tried it a few minutes ago and even wrote down all the stuff that I had eaten between meals, like a handful of nuts and Jadyn's leftover cheeseburger, lol. I get 25 points per day, then there are some extra ones that you can use for the whole week. Even without precounting my food and all the little "extras" that I had today my total was only 26.5!! That is not too bad, I don't think, anyway. I was expecting it to be off the charts.

So tomorrow and the rest of the week I am gonna make sure that I track my points better and PLAN AHEAD!! I should do much better with points that way.

OK, now for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!! My weight was pretty bad, but still about 10 pounds lighter than I thought it was...178!! I don't think I weighed that much at full term with either of the boys!!!!! My BMI is 31. It should be between 20-25. My weight range is between 117 to 146 pounds. So, i am setting my long term goal at 135. My first short term goal is to lose 5%, so 8 1/2 pounds.

I did learn something pretty cool today though. The garden veggie straws that I bought for the kids instead of potato chips are only 3 POINTS for a WHOLE BAG!! That would be the same as about 10-12 Doritos, and they taste yummy too!

So here goes!! I am also gonna do some type of exercise everyday!! Even if that is just on the Wii Fit. I will post back from time to time and let ya know how I am doing...If I don't, please ask me!!! I might need some motivation!! LOL

No comments: