Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sad Day

Well, we did it, we won the National Championship. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for Alabama and my team. But, the day was not all fun and games as we had planned it to be in my house. That morning I talked to Jerome and from his tone and his encrypted message I knew that we had lost a soldier, and that it was probably someone that I knew. Since Jerome doesn't usually tell me ANYTHING, I knew it was going to be bad! I waited around for what seemed like eternity! It was my friend Tiffany. Her wonderful and brave husband Jason Hickman lost his life Thursday in Afghanistan. Suddenly a ballgame just isn't that important!

Please be in prayer for Tiffany and her family. Jason was an awesome father, a wonderful husband, and a brave soldier. Tiffany told me that she knows he is with the father and that she will see him again one day! Hallelujah!

Jason died doing what he loved, serving his country! It is hard for people to understand that sometimes, but as Army wives we live that every day. It is an honor to live among such strong men and women each day! Jason is an American Hero! Thank you for your sacrifice Jason and Tiffany!

They have three beautiful little boys who are having a hard time, so please keep them in your prayers as well. They will never fully recover from such a devastating loss in their family, but God is faithful. And, He will keep them safe and bless their lives more than anyone can ever imagine!

No comments: