Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's a God Thing

I LOVE my savior!!! Man, he knows just what I need when I need it!! I was about to go to bed, but checked my email one last time and this is what I found!! Go Jesus!! Seriously, thank you Jesus for being REAL and for always knowing what we need and when we need to hear it. My God LIVES and he is HERE with ME TODAY!

New Year’s Revolutions
By Naomi Cramer Overton, President, MOPS International


“Mama, what’s your new year’s revolution?”

“No, honey, it’s not revolution, it’s resolution.”

Acting no more enlightened than before, the child asks: “So what is it?”


Setting a New Year’s resolution can feel like a revolution: It takes an uprising of hope and a strategized campaign. It takes looking past enemy lines of our failures to see a hill worth taking.
We have to believe in something beyond ourselves to have a revolution, or a resolution:

Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a NEW THING!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland. – Isaiah 43:18,19

As we come out of a long season where most of us have faced change, are you also spying signs of hope?

About half of MOPS moms didn’t make any New Year’s Resolutions last January, and the other half kept just “some.” Instead of aiming too high or so low that we aren’t disappointed, what about a year of believing there’s a “new thing” ahead with God?


Whatever your "New Years Resolution" may be, let God do a new thing in YOU!

No comments: