Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wake me up...continued!

So, Jared got home from the hospital on Wednesday night about 8pm. Justin is still having trouble with his stomach cramps, and has come home from school early every day this week so far. Plus the Friday before last. Jared was So tired from being in the hospital that he stayed home from school Thursday. Justin was still complaining about his stomach, and since I couldn't get an appointment for him....back to the ER we went! Thankfully Jared went to hang out with Joycelynn so he didn't have to go and he could rest.

The doc that we saw in the ER told me that NOTHING was in his chart or noted on the XRay reading about his mysterious "Bezoar"!!!!!!! Nothing! That doc told me that it was probably just his nerves....his daughter doesn't like school so she always complains of a stomach ache. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Then he tells me that Maalox will probably help it and sends me home. SERIOUSLY! I am NOT fond of the ER. If Maalox worked I WOULD NOT BE HERE!!!!!

I finally got a followup appointments for both boys today! Of course, as previously mentioned, Jared is wait and see. Justin had another Xray done, and you won't believe this! After ALL the high fiber, water, and benefiber that he has been eating, he is constipated! It did not get any better from last time. In fact all the fiber did was get stuck behind what was there all along! He was pooping everyday, sometimes twice. But, it was not enough to clear it out and make room for all the fiber he was eating. So, basically, it just made it worse!

The doc gave me some "cleansing" medicine. He told me to wait till the weekend and give him a dose every hour for 5 hours or until he gets "clean", LOL :) Then he has to continue to take one dose a day till his stomach starts moving regular again.

I am so glad that it was nothing too serious, but wouldn't it have been easier for them to just give us the RIGHT diagnosis and treatment plan from the start. Poor kid has been suffering for months! But when they "go" at least once or twice a day...

Thursday Night

So Monica calls me and says, you are still going on your trip in the morning, right? The trip is the PWOC Alaska Regional Conference in Fairbanks. I had planed to go, and my room and fee had already ben paid for by the chapel. Thanks Ch Walker!! So she and Joycelynn and Elesha talked me into going. The boys are both feeling well now. Especially Jared, who after being cooped up for two days was ready to skateboard and run!

The only problem was The carpool group was leaving at 6am Friday morning and there was NO WAY I could be ready by then. So I decided that if I could find a ticket for $150 or less then I would fly. One hour vs six hours...sounds better anyway after my week. Turns out one of the kids had enough air miles to get me there free!!! And I am so glad that I flew, because the van of carpoolers BROKE DOWN!!! But they were not letting Satan sway them! They witnessed to a motorcycle guy that stopped to help AND the tow truck driver!! I love it!

The weekend was AWESOME!! God was SO there! I was blessed MORE than I ever expected to be. I just needed a break, I got SO MUCH MORE. But, I will write about that later!

One problem! When I called Saturday to see how Monika was doing with the kids and if they were having fun at the fall festival in Palmer, Jared was not there. Apparently he caught the 24 hour stomach bug that was going around, and stayed with Joycelynn! I am SO SORRY! I hate that I was not there for him, but he was in good hands, and he didn't seem to mind being with her. Actually, after everything that I had been through (one thing after another, after another...) I think if I had been there for that I would have just LOST IT MYSELF!! Have one of my own Complicated Migraines!! LOL! My friends are so great! God has placed them in my life to watch over me everyday. Hopefully I am, or at least can be in the future, as much a blessing to them!

I definitely think all this mess is a GOD thing! He has taught me so much about HIS GRACE and that it IS sufficient for me! I just need to remember to TELL about what he is doing on a DAILY BASIS! My God is SO GOOD! He came to this earth to die for my sins, and because I have accepted that gift I have more JOY than EVER. Even when we are going through the plagues of Egypt! There is no God like Jehovah!!

So Satan, BRING IT ON!!!!!! I will not be shaken! Thank you Jesus!

No comments: