Saturday, September 12, 2009

Basement Project

Our basement has been a DISASTER for some time now. It was intended to be a place for the kids to go and hang out when they couldn't be outside. But it had recently become the catch all for everything in the house! You could hardly WALK down there till last week! Me and daddy cleaned it all out! I got rid of a BUNCH of junk and made everything else fit in the storage room down there.

Then I got a "bug"! My neighbor, Lena, painted her basement and it looked SO nice! I just had to do mine, too. She said housing told her they wouldn't have to repaint it either. Usually, you have to paint back whatever you do in housing before you leave. But since I wouldn't have to do it again...We bought some PAINT!! I went with the Fred Meyer brand, so we just picked out some bright colors from their display. Then I let the kids paint their hand prints all over the wall. They had FUN! It looks 1000 times better than it did before =) Now I guess we are ready for winter!!

The black is chalkboard paint. Lena had some left, so she let me use it too. Jadyn LOVES it! She can "write" for hours!






3 comments:

Beth said...

Great work, it looks terrific! Hey, all the best in your Way of the Master class. I'm praying for you and the whole group!

Nathan

Ginger said...

Thanks Nathan. We were suppose to start the video on Tuesday, but I didn't make it, so they just shared their testimonies and stuff. Starting video this week! I am SO excited. Beeen reading the book too.

Beth said...

The room looks awesome!!! What a great place for the kids, and all of their friends, to hang out!