Monday, April 6, 2009

Spiritual Deployments

It seems like God really does have a purpose for Everything! Last deployment was my time. I had to completely rely on God for the safety of my husband. I had to rely on Him to provide for my every need and Sanity! It was a year of growth for me spiritually. I learned to CLAIM scripture as my promise from God. Psalms 91 was my favorite for Jerome's safety. I haven't found the exact verse for this deployment, so I continue to claim this promise today.

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."



This deployment I believe will be for Jared's growth. Well, I hope we all grow, but I can see it in Jared already. He is questioning spiritual things more and more. He knows that Jesus died for us and that as Christians we follow God's laws above man's. He just cant wrap his literal mind around a few of the concepts. For example, he asked the other day how Jesus can actually LIVE in our hearts. I didn't know what to say... then it came to me. DADDY!

I explained to him that Jesus does not actually live in our heart, but its the idea of Jesus and His love that we cherish in our hearts. I told him if he can't see daddy right now, but you know that he loves you and you love him. When you think about daddy you can feel his love in your heart. You know that daddy feels it too when he thinks of you, that's because daddy's LOVE is in your heart. It was like a light went off in his head. He said that Jesus is our "Godly Father" and lives in Heaven, but we love him with our hearts. YEA!!!! I wanted to cry, but they already think I am crazy...I cry all the time. Even now as I type this, lol.

I get asked all the time how we Army wives (and other services) can do this over and over. Yes it is hard, there are days that I struggle not to lock the kids in a closet...just kidding of course. But it is also rewarding- with the correct attitude! Deployments are like a magnifying glass. You can focus on all the bad things and get overwhelmed really quickly, or you can focus on the good and God's GRACE! HE WILL supply all of your needs, and when you focus on these you can see how blessed we really are.

I heard a quote the other day, I think it was from Mary Tyler Moore. I can not quote it exactly... Without struggles and challenges how would we know how strong we really can be. My version is without struggles and challenges how would we know how strong our God really is.

I am blessed to call myself an Army Wife! I am encouraged everyday by other women. I am so proud of my husband and the other men and women who have fought for centuries to make this Nation GREAT!

I love you Jerome! And I miss you more than you can ever know, but by the Grace of God we will survive and grow during this deployment too. Cant wait to see you again.


No comments: