Saturday, April 11, 2009

PRAISE THE LORD!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Jared has been asking a lot of questions about Spiritual matters. The other day he told me that he didn't think he would ever "get picked" to be baptised. He just didn't understand what that was all about. So I explained it to him and he realized that you don't get picked. That it is an outward expression of an inward "heart decision" to follow Jesus.

Tonight we were watching "The Ten Commandments" (Why do they always play this at Easter? It is not a part of the Easter story.) Anyway, he just looks at me and says, "Hey momma, I think I want to go tell them I want to get baptized at church tomorrow." I talked to him for a few minutes and asked him if he wanted to pray and ask Jesus in his heart. He told me that he had already done that. He might have on his own, but I wanted to make sure that he understood and really prayed. So, we prayed together while we were all sitting on the couch!

Then after a few minutes he started crying. It took a bit for me to get it out of him, but he is getting scared about having to walk down the isle and stand in front of the church tomorrow. He is very shy and does not usually like large crowds. I assured him that I would go with him and Justin too if he wanted. I think he is OK with it now. He did say that he wanted to wait till Daddy came home to be baptised, and that he hopes the water is not too deep! LOL He cracks me up!

I am just so excited! Both of my boys are turning out to be such young men with a love of Christ in their hearts! YEA!!!!! Now we keep working on Jadyn, LOL. But, I guess she is a bit young.

No comments: