Saturday, February 28, 2009

ONLY IN ALASKA . . . .



Do people leave the house during a SNOW ADVISORY to go sit and watch a parade and then go to an outdoor carnival! Apparently we are those people, LOL. I really didn't KNOW we were under a snow advisory until we got home this afternoon. Figures the day that I plan to do something outdoors, the sun would disappear and the snow would fall, and fall, and fall all day long nonstop.

We had a great day though. Monica and I took our kids plus one of Elesha's for the Fur Rondy Events downtown. It was not too cold, but after standing there at parade for a while we were all frozen. We went to the Downtown Diner (I think that was what it was called) for lunch. It was warm and we all had hot chocolate. The food was good! I had a cup of clam chowder which was AWESOME and a Monte Cristo sandwich. It was not quite as good as the one I had a the City Diner the other day, but it was pretty good.

Then we ventured over to the carnival where the kids got to ride fair rides in the snow! It was a good time. I wish I had gotten more pictures to share, but the snow was heavy most of the time, and I was too afraid to get my new camera wet. There was really no way to avoid it, and I didn't want to have a third camera quit on me.

One side note - Ever tried to use a porto potty with a two year old in three layers and snow gear? Very Interesting, LOL

No comments: