Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our 4th "J"

Well, I had a birthday on the 18Th. And I guess it was one of the best ones so far! It started the weekend before when my friend Candance kept all three kids for Jerome and I to have a night alone. We went to dinner and then we went bowling. We were gonna get a hotel, but decided that with no kids at home we could save the 100 bucks and just go home. We watched a movie and just hung out together on the couch. It was great!

The very next day I got another birthday SURPRISE! We are gonna have a baby. God has blessed us so far with three beautiful children and we could never have imagined that we would be parents of FOUR! I always said that I would like one more, but didn't really expect it to happen. Funny how that works.

On my actual birthday we started out by telling the kids. They are so excited. Justin was so happy that he started tearing up. I think he was a little embarrassed. Later that day The carpet guy showed up unexpected and said they are finally going to replace the steps that our puppy ate. Not only that, but he would replace the whole downstairs carpet! YEA!!! New carpet for Christmas. It was perfect timing because the next day the boys left for their trip and no one was around to get in the way. Later in the day I went to Arctic Oasis with Jadyn and some of our friends from PWOC. (Its and indoor playground and workout area. It also has video games, a rock wall, indoor put put, and snack bars.) It was a great birthday.

This pregnancy has already had its bumps however. Friday I had to go to the ER for some minor complications. The heart rate and hormone levels were good at the time. Unfortunately, if anything is going to happen at this stage (I'm 6 weeks) there is really nothing we can do. I talked to the doctor yesterday and since I am not cramping he said there is nothing to do but wait and see. I don't go back to the doctor until January 26Th, so that is a lot of time to worry. But I know that God is in control no matter what the outcome. Please continue to pray for us so that this baby will grow and be healthy like his/her siblings and that I will get plenty of rest and fluids and have no more problems. Also, pray that I will have peace and not be so stressed while I play the waiting game. Thankfully I have not had any morning sickness. I didn't with the other three, so maybe I will be as lucky this time too.

As you could probably see from the few pictures of me during Christmas I already look pregnant! Well, when you are already fat and then can't suck it in anymore that is what I get! LOL. Jerome told me that I look beautiful pregnant, so that makes me feel a little better anyway.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm so excited for you...and you do look pretty, pregnant or not. See you soon!!