Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Coats and Backpacks off the floor!







OK, So I have gotten better at keeping the house more clean and organized. It is still a work in progress. Some days are better than others. I try and remember Proverbs 31 and the passage of the Wife of a Noble Character. Especially verse 27 when I just want to sit on the couch and veg!
"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread
of idleness." I need to post it on my pantry door, then maybe I will start to lose weight, LOL.

Anyway, so I am so tired of working all day and then when the kids come home it s destroyed! They throw book bags, coats, boots, and all in the living room floor. There is a closet in the foyer for shoes and coats, but that does not matter. I know Jared cant reach to hang up his coat, but it just frustrates me to no end!

I thought about putting hooks on the wall for their stuff, but didn't want just any old hook. I wanted them to be nice. It is the main entry way for our house. I found these nice hooks at Jo Ann's the other day. They were marked 9.99 each so I got them. Even better when I got to the register and they were actually on clearance for 2.50! YEA!

I hung them, but the problem is that the hook to hang them on the wall is just one of those jagged "picture frame" type hooks. I don't think that is going to be sturdy enough for my boys. Anybody got any suggestions as to how to make them stronger without compromising the look of the hook?

No comments: