Monday, August 3, 2009

Stomach Trouble

Justin has been complaining at night that his stomach hurts. I am not sure why he keeps having trouble, but it is only at night. He SWEARS that if he has a light on AND either the TV or music that he can sleep and it won't hurt. I tried to tell him that is is all in his mind, lol. But, he doesn't buy it! Well, that becomes a problem at CAMP! Last night was the first night of JAM camp and I get a call at 12:00. He tells me his stomach hurts and he wants me to come get him. He wants to go home. His counselor, obviously new to the whole camp thing himself, doesn't really try to get him to stay, but says that it is my call, LOL! The camp is like an hour and 15 minutes out and I have two other SLEEPING kids. Thankfully, David Banks, our music leader from church, realizes what is going on and convinces Justin to stay the night. They tried to find the nurse, but could not. So, David drove to the store and got Justin some TUMS. By the time he got back, Justin was asleep. He is doing fine this morning. I talked to David and told him to tell Justin that I called to check on him, but unless he was adamant about talking to me this morning it was best to just let him have his fun! Hopefully, tonight will be easier for him. He went to camp all the way in Soldotna and didn't even call me one time! They even gave kids time to call home if they want,lol. I don't believe it is a homesick thing, maybe just his nerves about the guitar lessons at camp...I don't know.

No comments: