Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No School???

Unlike many schools in the lower 48, especially the south, Alaskan school rarely close. I mean one time we got close to 18 inches of snow in one day and still we had school. Well, we woke up this morning to WARM temperatures, LOL. It was 32 degrees! If you don't think that it warm, you should have been here the past two weeks when we had temps as low as -30. That's a 62 degree temp increase in a matter of days. It's HOT! he he

Anyway, schools are closed because all the snow is melting and then freezing back to ICE. So road conditions are horrible! Plus, we can have some pretty strong winds up here too. And with that temp increase they are strong!

The kids are in heaven! They rarely get a free day for weather. Plus I am sure they will be able to play outside later - when the sun comes up! Its 9:40 am now and still dark. However, I was suppose to go to Michael's and get craft stuff for MOPS today. Hopefully the roads will get a little bit better later on, but I really didn't plan to take three kids with me. I also need to do some cleaning. Kind of hard with everyone home, so maybe they will get to go out later.

Funny - I think Alabama is suppose to have record lows this week in the teens, so we are probably warmer than you guys, HAHAHAHA

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Beth said...

So, how goes day two with the kids home? I hope you didn't put to much effort into getting the stuff at Michael's...I am not sure if we are going to get to have MOPS or not.