Saturday, December 15, 2012

Home School Update :)

Well, the kids were so excited that they thought we were starting Friday Morning!  They didn't want to get dressed to go to school.  But I told them they had to finish out the semester which is ending early for them anyway since we are leaving Wednesday Morning.

They were not suppose to say anything to their teachers and friends until I could get there to tell them in person.  My issue is NOT with the specific teachers and I didn't want them to think that there is a problem with them.  Yes, I do have some issues with the school and especially the district.  But, mainly this decision is about what is RIGHT for our family and not about what is wrong with the system or school.   But of course, Jadyn couldn't keep her mouth shut!  When I saw Mrs. Nunez yesterday afternoon she looked sad.  She said, "What Happened?" :(  I know she will miss Jadyn.  I think she was her favorite, ssshhhh ;)  But she understands.  Jared's teacher has been out sick all week and they don't know when she is coming back.  I didn't want to tell her via email, but I might have to. 

I found out that I don't have to do anything but withdraw them and Jadyn can still keep going to the school for her speech therapy :)  I just have to take her over there, but since you can see the school from our house this is not a problem.  Oh and this conversation was when I learned that I had better withdraw them on Tuesday, because if I wait till after Christmas the 2 1/2 days that they are absent due to traveling will be unexcused for 3 days and they have to report us to the court!  Oh I will be there Tuesday!  This just solidified the issue for sure!  So I called the middle school to see if they were going to report Justin.  They told me no, that he does not have any absences and since I am letting them know in writing before he leaves plus he already has permission from his teachers there is not a problem.  That it REALLY IS up to the school when to report.  They do have to do so at TEN, not three!  The problem is MONEY!  They don't get money for students when they are not at school - STUPID!

We looked at some curriculum and decided on something other than Abeka for now anyway.  I decided to start with just Language Arts and Math for at least a month until we get in a routine and then I will add History and Science.  I'm still deciding what curriculum to use for those, but I might just do my own thing.  I did TEACH science for a while.  I am sure I can do something fun :)  But, we are gonna use the Alpha and Omega LifePac for LA and of course Saxon Math!  I just love Saxon :) I taught it a few years as well.  

Tonight Jadyn and Jared were getting a bit of practice on their own.  Jared was the teacher and Jadyn his student.  It was too cute!  This is going to be FUN!  I am so excited!  I might just order the material and have it sent to mom's so I can read up and get ready on the ride home from Alabama :)  That or I need someone to pick it up off my porch when it comes here. Ya know I think the Teacher in me is just giddy!  I have missed being in the classroom - not enough to go back full time.  But I guess this IS full time!  I can't wait to go to the Teacher store her in El Paso for supplies, YEA!

 

No comments: