Saturday, October 16, 2010

State Fair

So the kids started a new school. They love it! It is much bigger than Ursa Minor, but it is nice. I like both their teachers. Actually, it is 2 separate school buildings. Each one has it's own principal, but the PTA and stuff are one. Jared's school is called Swanson. It is Pk-2 grade. Justin's school is called Sherrod. It is 3-5 grade.
Justin has started playing basketball! They practice BEFORE school! I do not like that, LOL! Usually they ride the bus, but on those days I have to take him in then come back and put Jared on the bus.
Jared is gonna learn to wrestle next week. The high school is doing a beginning class that last for 6 days. I signed him up, but it is in the evening so we will see how well that one goes.

We recently had the Alaska State Fair! I love the Fair! It is so much fun and there are all kinds of Alaskan stuff to do. For example the Gigantic Cabbage and panning for Gold! The kids loved the rides! I didn't get to ride too many this year, but it was still fun!

The food is always a TREAT! The highlight of the food experience was the DONUT BURGER!!! Justin ate it, Not me! It was a regular burger with bacon and eggs, but the bun was a doughnut! YUCK! The kids loved it!

There was also a BMX show that was awesome! Those guys were doing all kids of tricks and we were right there. It was cool. I thought I took lots more pictures, but I couldn't find them. I think I might have gotten more video. I will have to make an imovie with it.



No comments: