Friday, March 13, 2009

My Alaskan Kids


Justin has been learning to snowboard for a few years now. Well, he learned rather quickly after Luke showed him how. He has just been training himself and has gotten pretty good this year. He finally made it up the ski lift at Dyea. It is a hand held one, and can be rather hard to maneuver when you are short. This week he made it to the top and also went over to the harder side to go down the hill. He even made it over the hill used for tricks and stuff. He is so brave!


I had several video clips, but because it was so bright outside I really couldn't see what I was recording. The others were all blurry and hard to see. But I got some good pictures too. This one is Justin going up the lift.

Jadyn and Peyton were not as energetic today as they were on Wednesday when I forgot my camera. But, they had a good time too. Monica has more pictures of them. I just have to get them off my email and then I'll post them.

Jared was a bit nervous at first, but he quickly caught on and was skiing before we left. He even went back that afternoon ans was doing it on his own.


This is Jared learning on the little practice hill.

His instructor, Patrick, pulling him up the hill.

I caught Jared saying, "giddy up" once, lol.

Coming down the hill.

No comments: