Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We Survived!

OK, I was excited about going on this camping trip. We all love to camp and had been looking forward to going to Quartz Creek since before we left the last camping trip. However, Just a few days before we were to leave a woman was mauled by a bear at Cooper's Landing. That is just a small hike from where we were going to camp. And as I mentioned before we DON'T have a camper. (YET) So I was a little nervous about taking my babies to the scene of the crime, LOL.

We had an awful start to the trip. Jerome did not get home till late, and after loading the 4 wheelers onto the trailer he had to go back to work. He loaded the trailer because I failed miserably at it earlier in the day! I thought since I can drive them and can evenly distribute stuff on a trailer, that I could have it ready for him when he did get here. I was so wrong. For those of you ladies that do not know, let me just tell you that it much easier to load a trailer when it is ATTACHED to the vehicle, LOL. I almost went rolling down the driveway! So I found the sweet spot in the middle of the trailer so the seesaw motion would stop and just got off. Needless to say Jerome was not happy when he came home.

He did finally get back and we left around 9:30pm to go to the camp site. When we got there it was raining and everyone else was asleep. Luckily for us Taya and Brian had plenty of room in their pop up camper. So me and the kids slept in there, and Jerome slept in the suburban. We didn't have to pitch our tent at all. Which was great since we did get more rain on Saturday.

Jerome, Brian, and Mike went to Kissiloft to dipnet on Saturday. After Brian and Mike finally got the right nets they were all able to catch a total of 16 salmon. (Future note for any want to be dipnetters: Black nets do not work, Fish can see it and swim around. Mike and Brian learned this the hard way on Friday. They didn't catch a thing.) The ladies kept all the kiddos at camp since it was raining. We had a great time just hanging out together. Sunday the weather was nice and we had fun just being together.

God has blessed us so much. It is such a privilege to live in this awesome place. The beauty of God's creation is all around us. It is true that even the rocks will call out his name. How can one live in this place and not see that there is a God who loves us. After all he made this place for us to enjoy.

I did take lots of pictures, but they are not developed yet. Hopefully I will have them tomorrow and will post as soon as I can. Love you all.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad y'all had fun and didn't get et by the bears! You need to call me or Beth if you haven't talked to her yet this week. The kids shared a virus at VBS and 2 down for the count. lol. ttyl!