Friday, July 3, 2009

Marker and God's Timing

Jerome's dad had this headstone made for baby James Grady. There was a bit of trouble with the delivery truck, so I was not able to see it when we were home. He sent me the pictures this afternoon. Right now it is placed over near Granny Jones, but will later be moved to where our immediate family plot is located. There is no one else buried in that area now. There was not anything left to "bury", but we wanted to have a memorial marker for him. He was born, and was a part of our lives if only for just a brief while as he grew in me. The marker is lovely. Thank you Dad!



So, I Finally got around to writing all my thank you notes. They are in the mail now. I should have done them a while ago, but I could not make myself just do it. I knew it would not be easy...I was suppose to be writing baby shower thank you notes, not these. Then I went to Bama for 4 weeks. I took them with me to do there, but did not even think about them till the day before we left.

Last week, I just started writing. I got most of them done in one day. It was a crappy day! But, It was good to think back of all the things that everyone did for me. I am SO BLESSED! I was glad that I thought to write it all down because there were a few days that I was just in shock, and I really don't remember all the details. It made me feel good to get them done and to think about all my wonderful friends here! It was just crappy, because it reminded me of all the things that could have been, ya know. Anyway, I say all that to tell you that God is SO in control!

I took with me a few Debbie Macomber books to read on my vacation. The Blossom Street series is about a group of ladies that get together to knit, and the books are about all their lives and such. Anyway, in one of the books the ladies made a prayer shawl and the whole book was centered around this idea. The idea is that every time you start or stop working on the prayer shawl that you say a prayer for the person you plan to give it to. I have tinkered with learning to knit and thought that this would be something that I could maybe try.

Anyway, back to writing the thank you notes and the bad emotional day that I was having. Brian Peterson called and asked if he could drop by that afternoon. He had something for me. Turns out as I was reading the books about the Prayer Shawl I had already had one made for ME! Brian's mother started on it as soon as she heard the news about the baby! I was so excited. I started crying, of course! It means SO much. I don't even know this lady. All that she knows of me is that Brian and Jerome used to work together!

How God works - She was actually a little worried or upset that Brian could not get it to me right away. Apparently it got here in the mail right before we left for Alabama. She kept calling and asking if he had given it to me yet. Little did she know that all her praying had also helped in the delivery of the shawl! It came to me on the day that I needed it the most! As I completed the rest of the thank you cards with her love and prayers for a complete stranger wrapped around me, it was a little easier. God is so GOOD! He knows WHAT we need and WHEN we need it!



No comments: